Luigi Mangione
Key Evidence In Murder Case, Judge Rules
Published
Luigi Mangione just got a major ruling in his state murder case — with a judge deciding Monday several key pieces of evidence will not be used in his state murder case … including an ammunition magazine found in his backpack.
The Monday ruling comes after Luigi’s attorneys argued cops illegally searched his backpack when he was arrested at a McDonald’s back in December 2024 … just days after Brian Thompson was gunned down in NYC.
The judge agreed the search at the McDonald’s was “unreasonable” and said there were no emergency circumstances to justify it … meaning 4 of the items found during that search will now be suppressed.
Authorities previously said they recovered the alleged murder weapon, a 3D-printed silencer, the fake ID allegedly used to check into a Manhattan hostel … and journals said to contain rants against the health insurance industry.
Luigi’s lawyers are also trying to block statements he allegedly made to cops before he was extradited to New York on December 19, 2024 … claiming investigators didn’t properly read him his Miranda rights before questioning him.
In the New York state case, Luigi’s been charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and possession of a forged instrument tied to an alleged fake ID.
He was also hit with federal charges, including stalking and murder with a firearm … though a judge later tossed the murder/firearm count, taking the death penalty off the table.
Luigi’s pleaded not guilty across the board. His state trial is currently set for September 2026, while the federal case is expected to kick off early next year.